Our history

The Last Post Fund National Field of Honour reflects a tradition of military cemeteries in its uniform arrangement, the orderly placement of the graves, its monuments and its axial plan, all of which typify such principles as the equality of soldiers in death, military comradeship and discipline and perpetual remembrance. It constitutes a place of remembrance dedicated to the men and women who served under the colours, evoking some two hundred years of Canadian military history.

Opened in 1930, the cemetery was created in order to provide a dignified, honourable and respectful resting place for those who served their country and made incredible sacrifices. In 2009, the National Field of Honour was designated as a National Historic Site by the Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada.

The National Field of Honour is the first cemetery solely devoted to military personnel and their immediate relatives, to Allied Veterans who participated in major conflicts such as the World Wars, the Korean War and in Afghanistan as well as all police force members who served on any international mission.

The National Field of Honour is administered by the Last Post Fund's Quebec Branch. It is a reminder of our gratitude to Canadian and Allied Veterans who served their country. Overlooking Lake Saint-Louis, the entrance is marked by the Gate of Remembrance, a medieval arch which has a little chapel in one of it's towers.

Honorary President: His Excellency the Honourable J. Michel Doyon, Lieutenant-Governor of Qu├ębec